Browse the list of the nearest clinics of Hair Transplant or choose location
Follicular Unit Extraction involves the extraction of follicular units of hair from the donor area of the scalp using a specialized small, round punch (a pen-like instrument used to pull out follicular units- 1mm diameter).
The small follicular units are implanted to the recipient area, typically at the top and front of the head. The FUE method is less invasive than the FUT strip method, however it is more time consuming and meticulous; therefore more expensive.
A Good Candidate for FUE Method (Follicular Unit Extraction)
The first step to determining the right candidate for hair transplant surgery is by determining the available grafts available to donate. Suitable candidates must have enough hair to supply the bald areas without causing a balding effect to the donor area.
The hair in the donor area must be thick so that it can provide a reasonably good appearance after the hair transplant.
The age and level of baldness are also very important when considering a hair transplant. The patient is recommended to be at an age where pattern baldness is apparent or eventually will be apparent.
Your cosmetic surgeon will be able to discourse this further once he or she has viewed pictures or viewed the patient in person. Because hair grows at a particular angle and in a specific direction, the hair growth patterns must be duplicated as close as possible.
When the hair transplant is completed, the restored hair will look natural and no different from the original pattern of hair growth. Of course, it is also very important that the patient understand all aspects of this cosmetic surgery and is motivated throughout the hair transplant process.
Preparing for FUE Method (Follicular Unit Extraction)
One Week Prior to your Hair Transplant Operation:
· Refrain from Aspirin and Vitamin E intake one week before your operation
· Refrain from smoking or limit the amount
· Do not get a haircut You may dye your hair one week before your surgery but you cannot dye it for 6 weeks after
· If you use hair replacement, please remove it one week before the operation
· Stretch the skin in the donor site area at least five times a day
· Refrain from alcohol consumption one day before the surgery
· Eat a light breakfast the morning of the operation, and after the operation eat a light lunch
· Wear a button-down shirt the day of the operation.