Browse the list of the nearest clinics of Hair Transplant or choose location
Follicular Unit Transplantation involves the removing of thin strips of skin from the donor site (typically the back and sides of the head), and implanting or relocating them to a bald spot on the head, often the front and top of the head.
The size and shape of the grafts depend on the degree of baldness, color, texture and thickness of the hair. Coarse and light-colored hair, such as grey or blonde, often results in better coverage than fine, dark-colored hair.
A Good Candidate for FUT Method (Follicular Unit Transplantation)
The first step to determining the right candidate for hair transplant surgery is by determining the grafts available to donate. Suitable candidates must have enough hair to supply the bald areas without causing a balding effect to the donor area.
The hair in the donor area must be thick, so that it can arrange for a realistic appearance after the hair transplant.
The age and level of baldness are significant when considering a hair transplant candidate. The patient is recommended to be at an age where pattern baldness is apparent or eventually will be apparent.
Your cosmetic surgeon will further discourse with you once he or she has viewed pictures or has seen you in person. Resultant of hair growing at a particular angle and in a specific direction, the hair growth patterns must be replicated as close as possible.
When the hair transplant is completed, the restored hair will look natural and no different from the original pattern of hair growth. It is imperative that the patient understand all aspects of this cosmetic surgery and is encouraged throughout the hair transplant process.
Preparing for FUT Method (Follicular Unit Transplantation)
One Week Prior to your Hair Transplant Operation:
· Refrain from Aspirin and Vitamin E intake one week before your operation
· Refrain from smoking or limit the amount
· Do not get a haircut
· You may dye your hair one week before your surgery but you cannot dye it for 6 weeks after
· If you use hair replacement, please remove it one week before the operation
· Stretch the skin in the donor site area at least five times a day
· Refrain from alcohol consumption one day before the surgery
· Eat a light breakfast the morning of the operation, and after the operation eat a light lunch
· Wear a button-down shirt the day of the operation