The clinics providing Lumbar Laminectomy are listed below. Contact them today to get a quote, make an appointment or have an online consultation.
Oscar Mendoza orthopedic clinic is one of most established physiotherapy treatment facilities in Guadalajara providing high standards of medical care and advanced technology which earned renowned acclaim in Mexico and North America.
- Languages: Spanish, English
- Additional Services: Airport Transfers, Translator Services
Barcelona Spine Center has over 15 years of experience in spinal surgery combined with innovative knowledge and extensive preparation enable the specialists to come up with the precise diagnosis and offer the most appropriate and the least invasive treatment for each particular spinal problem.
- Testimonial: " The operation was a complete success with no complications " P.D Le Riche
- Languages: English & Spanish
- Additional Services: Local Accommodation Assistance, Airport Transfers, Hotel to Clinic Transfers
Acibadem has signed a cooperation agreement with Harvard Medical International which is a world famous institution in terms of medical education and services.
- Testimonial: " Dr. Halker is a great knee specialist! I am only in Turkey every so often, but every time I have a problem I go to Acibdem. " Jesse
- Languages: Turkish, English
- Additional Services: Assistance in hotel bookings and airport transfers.
In the Orthopedics Department, modern diagnosis techniques and state-of-the-art treatment choices are provided for the whole muscular and skeletal system, and for spinal diseases and traumas.
- Testimonial: " ...the correct choice and would suggest that any persons requiring any of their available treatments should seriously consider them as an option. " Vincent D. Marshall
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Albanian, Macedonian, Kurdish, Dutch
- Additional Services: Airport Transfers, Local Accommodation Assistance, Translator Services
Welcare hospital is a leading edge, multi-disciplinary orthopedic facility located in Gujarat, India.
- Testimonial: " In my honest opinion, Welcare Hospital is a Hospital with a dedicated teamwork of expertise led by Dr. Mody. " Mr. Muturi
- Languages: English, Hindi, Gujarati
- Additional Services: Airport Transfers, Translator Services, Local Accommodation Assistance, Local Tours, Nutrition Counselling, Recuperation Services, Assistance for Disabled Patients, Hotel Reservations, Hotel to Clinic Transfers
- Language: English, German
- Additional Services: Accommodation Free airport transfer Translator
- Language: Greek, English, Scandinavian, Russian, Czech
- Language: English
- Additional Services: Assistance with accommodation, Dedicated Coordinator, Rehabilitation
What is Lumbar Laminectomy?
A Lumbar Laminectomy is an orthopedic and neurological surgical operation performed to treat Spinal Stenosis, which is the narrowing of the spinal canal.
During a laminectomy, an incision is made in the lower portion of the back (lumbar), and a portion of bone, called the lamina, is removed from one or more vertebrae, relieving pain and pressure on the nerve roots and the spinal cord caused by Lumbar Stenosis.
A Good Candidate for Lumbar Laminectomy
A surgical advisor will be delighted to help you find a leading expert in Spinal Surgery to consult with. Your surgeon will carry out a thorough evaluation of your condition and provide you with a comprehensive explanation of the most appropriate surgical solution.
Our listed Expert Consultant Orthopaedic and Neuro Surgeons are most carefully selected and recommended because they understand the importance of the decision you are making when contemplating complex spinal surgery and because of their specialist Spinal Surgery expertise. Throughout your consultation you be encouraged to ask as many questions as you wish and to take your time in making a decision to proceed with any recommended treatment.
To ensure that patients are comfortable with any recommendations or advice given in their consultation, all patients are asked to take time and reflect on all the information they have received. If for whatever reason you are still not sure about the best course of action and wish to have further discourse with your surgeon, you will not be expected to pay for a second consultation appointment.
Lumbar Laminectomy Procedure
First, a 2-5 inch long incision is made along the back, the left and right back muscles are disconnected from the lamina on both sides at different levels. Second, the lamina is removed (laminectomy) allowing the nerve roots to be visible. The facet joints, which are directly above the nerve roots, may be trimmed to give the nerve roots more space.
Risks and Side Effects of Lumbar Laminectomy
Although Laminectomy Surgery is regularly performed without any complications, it is very important that all candidates are fully aware of both the benefits and risks of undertaking this type of high-quality and complex spinal surgery.
All surgery, no matter how meticulously or carefully it is performed, carries risks and the importance of a full evaluation and consultation to discuss your conditions in relation to these risks with an expert in Spinal Surgery cannot be over emphasized.
Recovery from Lumbar Laminectomy
Recovering from such spinal surgeries, like a laminectomy or fusion can be very painful, and require a long recovery time in comparison to other spinal surgeries. Patients are usually put on pain medications or even a PCA (patient controlled analgesia) or an epidural to relieve the pain for the first 2-3 days while in the hospital. A combination of heavy pain medications and muscle relaxants are recommended to the patient. The back muscles are commonly affected after spine surgery because of their size.
In some cases, the patient must stay in the ICU (intensive care unit) for 1-2 days to be monitored around the clock. A drainage tube may be used to drain excess fluid around the operated area and the incisions will be covered with a bandage that is changed daily.
Those with certain medical conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure or obesity will have a more difficult time recovering and may not experience the best results of the surgery.
Results of Lumbar Laminectomy
Generally patients are able to walk the next day with assistance from a physical therapist. Older patients will recover slower than their younger counterparts, and will often require extra care, whether it be in their own home or at a nursing facility. As soon as the patient is able to do daily activities, such as making the bed, putting on shoes, dressing and showering, the patient will be discharged.