If you have lost a tooth or several teeth, dental implants are a great solution to fill in those gaps. People can lose teeth over time as a result of decay or trauma. Missing teeth also lead to dental problems. It is important to seek a dentist as soon as possible for any dental issues that you are experiencing.
There are various cosmetic dental procedures that allow you to maintain a healthy smile and these range from temporary to permanent. Dental implants are a permanent solution.
A dental implant is a dental prosthesis that is typically made from titanium. It is designed to fuse with the jaw bone through a process called osseointegration. Rather than relying on a superficial tooth replacement, the dental implant actually replaces a missing tooth root allowing for a strong tooth foundation. The dental implant is covered with a replacement tooth, also known as a dental crown.
If you are missing several teeth, you can get as many implants as required. Another option is to get one or two implants and then use them to support a dental bridge. People with gaps in their teeth undergo cosmetic dental procedures so that they feel better about the way their teeth look. They also choose to get dental implants in order to prevent oral hygiene issues that occur in the gaps between teeth.
There are many benefits to getting dental implants rather than dentures or dental bridges. Many people like the idea of a prosthesis that is a part of your mouth, that looks and feels like a natural tooth. When you are trying to work out what is the best course of action for you, make sure you take the time to speak to your dentist about all of the available options.
Most people who have a missing tooth or missing teeth make good candidates for dental implants. There are, of course, a number of criteria they need to meet before undergoing the procedure. Most of the criteria is related to how much bone they have in their jaw and how healthy their gums are. Your dentist will examine your situation and help you decide accordingly.
Of all the cosmetic dentistry procedures, dental implants are one of the most expensive. In places such as the United States and United Kingdom, dental implants range from $1,500 to $4,000. However, for example, the cost of dental care in Mexico can be much less. That is why many medical tourists travel abroad for dental treatments. Many European patients choose dentists in Hungry because of the country’s affordable and quality dental care treatments.
Mini Dental Implants are for people who need extensive mouth restoration, mini dental implants are a good choice. These tiny implants are used to secure dentures so that the dentures are not loose. They are about the width of a toothpick and you can get as many as you need.
A Good Candidate for Dental Implant Surgery
Missing teeth often leads to issues such as plaque build-up, tooth decay and gum disease – not to mention irritation. That is why it is important to fill in the gaps with dental implants or other prostheses as soon as possible. A missing tooth may make chewing difficult and affect the way you speak.
It can also affect your self-confidence, particularly if the missing tooth is located close to the front of your mouth.
Most people with missing teeth are generally good candidates for dental implants. For various reasons, you may not be suitable for this type of treatment. It is important to be aware of the dental implant risks and side effects.
People Who Are Good Candidates for Dental Implants:
· Someone who has enough bone in their jaw for the implant to fuse with. If you do not have enough bone, you may need a bone graft and this can add significantly to the cost of dental implant treatment
· Someone whose jaw is strong enough to accommodate the implant. In some cases, a patient has enough bone but not enough strong bone. They are also likely to need a bone graft. If they are only getting mini dental implants they won’t need as much bone
· A person with healthy gums. It can take months to recover after getting the dental implants inserted and you need to have healthy gums to allow good healing
· A good candidate for dental implants needs to be prepared to look after their implants. They will have to practice good oral hygiene habits so no complications would occur later. This is not difficult, simple brushing and flossing each day should be enough
· If you think you might not be a good candidate for dental implants because you grind your teeth, talk to your dentist about this. He will probably fit you with a dental splint to wear at night so the implant is protected while it is fusing with the bone
People Who Are Not Good Candidates for Dental Implants:
· A young person whose jaw has not yet fully developed
· Someone with diabetes or other health issues
· A person with gum disease will need to get that treated before they are able to get dental implants inserted
· Smokers are not good candidates for dental implants because smoking slows down healing. It is very important that the gums heal well and quickly around the implant. Alternatives such as dentures or dental bridges may need to be discussed with patients who can’t stop smoking